?

Log in

No account? Create an account
 
 
David D. Levine
14 April 2006 @ 01:45 pm
The Susan C. Petrey Clarion Scholarship Fund, a worthy non-profit which annually provides scholarships to both Clarion and Clarion West, is holding a writing contest as a fundraiser. The entry fee is $10, and 60% of the money will benefit the Fund while the remaining 40% will be used as prizes for the winners.

Here's the description of the contest: "The first, hopefully annual, R. L. Fanthorpe Write-Alike Contest is open to everyone. The goal is for contestants to emulate R. L. Fanthorpe's early style as it is found in the Badger Books published by John Spencer in the 60s and 70s. In these early years of his career, Fanthorpe often wrote a book in a weekend by dictating into tape recorder, often padding or ending abruptly to meet strict word count imposed by the notoriously penny pinching publisher, John Spencer. For obvious reasons, this often resulted in humorous passages, both unintentional and intentional. Examples of this writing may be found at http://www.peltorro.com."

For more information, please see the contest's web page: http://www.osfci.org/petrey/fanthorpe.html

Please pass this along to all your writing friends.