?

Log in

No account? Create an account
 
 
David D. Levine
22 December 2008 @ 11:06 am
Looking at the available information about today's weather, we realized that if we traveled today as planned, we were running a real risk of being re-stranded in Chicago (meaning we'd have to find a place to stay AGAIN, deal with the airlines to reschedule AGAIN, etc.) and even if we can make it to Portland, getting to our house would be extremely difficult. So we have decided to hang out here in Washington DC, at John and Peggy Rae's, until Boxing Day (Friday 12/26). This was the first available direct flight, and perhaps the Snowpocalypse will be over by then. We will be celebrating Christmas with the Sapienza clan.

What a long, strange trip it's been.