I've had a number of items of news lately which didn't seem to quite justify a post on their own, but have now collectively built up to well past that point:
- My story "Letter to the Editor" was accepted by John Joseph Adams for his anthology The Mad Scientist's Guide to World Domination.
- My story "Trust" was accepted by Daily Science Fiction.
- I have received an ARC of Wild Cards I, the revised edition including my story "Powers," which I will be showing off at OryCon. On the back cover Michael Cassutt, Carrie Vaughn, and I are referred to as "eminent new writers!" The actual book will be available on November 23.
- The website for Cascade Writers, a writing workshop on the Washington Coast next July 21-24, is now open for registration. Instructors are me, Jay Lake, and Beth Meacham.
- I'm quoted briefly in an Oregonian article about climate change in SF, which also has a nice mention of OryCon (it's always a nice surprise to have something about a science fiction convention in the local paper that's better than "Trekkies Beam Down"). Though I don't have much of a presence in the article itself, I believe it was I who told the reporter about Kim Stanley Robinson and Mary Rosenblum.